• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source for new frame side track bar bracket?

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
As the title states. I must be Google illiterate as I cannot locate a source for a stock track bar mount. Mine is wallowed out as there is nothing left to replace and it still has a wobble in the front end and I noticed some movement near that joint so I figured I'd replace it.

I do not want a used one unless there is no source for one.

I just tried RockAuto.com..... found something rather interesting. OMIX-ADA p/n #182050. It's claimed to be a trackbar for a 0-6" lift, and includes the frame side mount. Even more interesting is that the frame end isn't a tie rod end, but a double shear bolt mount rotated 90 degrees, like a lot of the other high travel aftermarket trackbar mounts. $176.79.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=2770512

This might be a very good option for a few folks.

Chrysler P/N: 52007121AC

52007121AC is now Jeep Part Number 52088444AC - $205 at the Dealership.

A used one from a stock jeep at the junkyard will be fine. Install new nuts and bolts and use a thread locker product.

If you are lifted, you should have a Double Shear Track Bar and a Heavy Duty bracket to match. Iron Rock Off Road makes a real nice HD track bar and frame bracket.

'New' could be a relative term.., lol, i.e., my '89 is new to me, and between 'new' used parts, and 'new' parts, i.e., OEM, and aftermarket.., lol, it is approaching a different 'new'.

OMIX-ADA is one place I have ordered from, and although they 'claim' to have tested many of their thousands of parts, it's hard to determine what is made where if that is a concern of yours. I have their hard copy catalog, (no pricings--just part numbers), there are no absolute determinations as to where the parts are made, nor any definative information as to quality. Since they have a section in their catalog showing a picture of 'XJ's in various parts-crates, alleged to be OEM, there can be an eluded sense that most of their parts are American OEM. Guess what.., many of their parts are OEM, but Chinese OEM since they've been making XJ's since 1984. If the part can do the job.., you get what you can get.

RockAuto is another place I've gotten parts for several vehicles. One surprise was when I got an entire front hub assembly for a '74 Buick Apollo. Made in the bad old commie china.

For my current newly acquired '89 XJ, I have gotten parts from many places. One I would recommend for the part you are looking for, lol, comes attached with another part, i.e., the entire track bar. Might add that it is a hundred bucks more than so-called OEM, but 'ya gets what you pay for. Me, the XJ went into a reverse speed bump, i.e., a hidden frozen trench under water, and mud, and the hit was severe enough to 'blow-out' the zert in the track bar at the top end. It was a Chrysler OEM part, now dead enough due to it's contribution to "DEATH-WOBBLE", to cause me to read up on the problem. Here at NAXJA, found references that led me to: http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_6_33&products_id=1017

If you are going to spend the time changing out parts, consider using H.D. parts. Me, I hate doing things twice, or thrice times.

Too.., you can probably get an undamaged 'new' OEM part at your local junk yard.., just a little more upfront guess-work.:peace:

The Kevin's Off road bracket was a good idea when nobody made a double shear TB and matching bracket. Now, you can get them everywhere and the frame brackets are usually much thicker and heavier than stock.

Most Omix ADA and Crown Automotive parts I have bought have been a disappointment and a waste of money. They either fit poorly, or failed quickly, some did both at once.

I have no lift and do not plan to lift it. I'd like a new one as it is a crap shoot as to whether or not it is a good part. I plan on replacing all the hardware with grade 8 which would be overkill. If there is a stronger mount I will look into it. The dealer one at $200 seems to be a waste.

Back