• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Donations to Mexican Orphange

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
OK. I know a few of us on here still enjoy Baja California (San Felipe, Ensenada, Baja 1000, Baja 500, etc)...here is a chance to give back or hell, if you have not been, just a chance to give to less fortunate. And yes, I know, there are less fortunate up here too!!

Anyway, gofastbroncos.com and BajaHID.com have decided to have a Baja Excursion Aug. 12-14, 2011. One of the things we will be doing, besides staying at Horsepower Ranch and desert running, is donating to El Oasis Orphange in Valle de Trinidad. I figured I would post up here and see if anyone had stuff to donate. PM me (or call if you have #) and we can meet up prior to leaving.

A couple cut and pastes from GFB

Also friendly reminder guys, lets not forget our charitable donations of used or new kids clothes and new baby products such as shampoo, soap, baby powder, etc. I've been hitting up my family members with kids and asking for their kids' outgrown clothes and I'm hoping more of you are doing the same. This will be a nice bonus to our already great run. Nothing like giving back to Baja for everything that it gives us.

and for info on El Oasis

El Oasis Orphanage is non-profit organization that care for orphan and abandoned children from Mexico.
In December 1997 we open our doors to receive 23 kids, brought to us by the Mexican Government to our custody.
El Oasis is today, home for 54 kids of all ages. Our commitment is not just provide food and shelter, but Christian Education and University for all of them who might be able.

More information:
http://www.eloasisbaja.net/

I can collect in the Inland Empire and take down as well guys.

Andy, thanks for posting up, this is really going to be a great trip, and helping out the kids only adds special value to it!

By the way guys.... for you Desert Nuts.... El Oasis is the Orphanage highlighted in the movie Dust to Glory!

By the way guys.... for you Desert Nuts.... El Oasis is the Orphanage highlighted in the movie Dust to Glory!

Yep.... Last Job I had, one of the guys I worked with was studying to become a minister. He's personal friends with the director down there...Danny I think??

Anyway, the wife and I bought 2 cases of crayons and a couple dozen backpacks that went down there on one of their missions.....

So who do we give to? Will you be collecting for NAXJA here Andy?

Me...Tony....whoever. As long as it gets down there!!

I can handle LA/OC and Tony can handle IE/HD. Work for you Tony?

You guys are great!!!

Muddbutt, you are correct, Danny is the operating director down there, and he is who we are dealing with. After many conference calls with them, they gave us a list of some of the day to day things that they could use:

file.php

any interest in young kids toys? My wife is going through and packing up things to go to goodwill that the kids have outgrown, I'd rather see them go directly to someone that needs them than be resold by goodwill in a thrift store.

I can get quite a few things together..Shampoo, soap, toothpaste ect. But I'll have no way to get it down to you guys...anyone thats headed to the high desert, or anyone from here going down the hill post it up and let me know.
I'd love to contribute! I'm about 30 seconds from the I15.

Anything else I should grab? I can do shampoo, soap, toothpaste, and hair gel. Maybe more depending on funds.

This was one of the best quotes put up on GFB and it fits perfectly.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little. ~Edmund Burke

Casualty , can we meet on the weekend hfalfways maybe cleg ?

I leave on thursday at 6am and will be gone until monday evening. And my next 2 days are slammed with packing for me and my daughter.
If anything I can leave everything in a box outside with some type of marker or symbol on it, but that'd mean you have to come all the way up?

Hey guys,
With every ounce of respect, just want to ask we focus on clothes and the items listed above. Toys can cause a bit of an issue, especially at the border crossing with 20 Broncos all going down at the same time.

Again, really excited and appreciative of your support here.
T

I leave on thursday at 6am and will be gone until monday evening. And my next 2 days are slammed with packing for me and my daughter.
If anything I can leave everything in a box outside with some type of marker or symbol on it, but that'd mean you have to come all the way up?

Maybe Leep or someone living up that way is headed down for some reason and can bring it?

Not sure how to judge that lol. I thought, "is this sincere or is this ment to be dirty." You can never be sure on :NAXJA::laugh3:

Its all good!! :laugh3: Typing takes so much out of communication.

Hey guys,
With every ounce of respect, just want to ask we focus on clothes and the items listed above. Toys can cause a bit of an issue, especially at the border crossing with 20 Broncos all going down at the same time.

Again, really excited and appreciative of your support here.
T
i understand completely. i'll dig around tonight and see what i can come up with, lots of kids on my wifes side of the family too (my daughter has 11 cousins :D). I'm sure I can come up with lots of clothing in good shape.

Back