• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Doesn't Want to Start and Dies After Driving a Few Minutes

mchulse

NAXJA Forum User
:smsoap: I'm pissed, spent the weekend under the XJ replacing the AW4 Filter and Lower Control arm bushings (don't ask why it took me all weekend) and now it won't even start.

I decided to go for a test drive after finishing the lower control arms today but it didn't start right up which is strange as it always starts on the first turn. It cranked and cranked but just wouldn't turn over. After about 5 tries it came to life.

Started driving it down the road for about 3 minutes and everything felt good until the RPMs dropped to 0 when I hit about 40. I muscled it to the next side street and again it wouldn't start... for about 5 minutes. No CEL no codes. Then back to life! So I drove it right home.

My CPS is 12 months old so I wouldn't think that would be the culprit (plus I think it would throw a code if it was the CPS?). The battery seems to have plenty of juice and the alternator was tested a few months ago and looked good too. I have newer injectors I put in about 18 months ago and the fuel pressure seemed fine back then.

Starting to get really sick of putting money into this pit. Any ideas before I get it towed to the shop?:bawl:

Test the CPS and see if it is still good. A failed CPS usually does not throw a code.

Back