• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

two inch lift with addition of xj main leaf

El Taco

NAXJA Forum User
I read somewhere here that one could obtain approximately two inches of lift in the rear by cutting the eyes from a main spring and adding it to the pack.

I'd just like to confirm that I got two and a quarter. Total cost was eleven dollars for center pins and clamps. Thanks y'all.

I did a 2 1/4" lift on daughters 2000 XJ and the rear was a add a leaf only (I did replace the shocks) so I would say if you have good shocks with the correct extension, then one extra leaf should work.

BTW I used the 4WP lift kit for under $400, they use pro rock shocks, etc and it was easy to install and works well - if you do the front get it alined!

FWIW i was really unhappy with mine. Almost no flex and washboard was almost undriveable (constant fishtailing due to a light rear with really high spring rate).

Anyways, that's my .02. There are lots of leaf springs in the junkyard and i was very unhappy with my XJ main leaf as an AAL. My MJ leaves are really nice and flexy.

FWIW i was really unhappy with mine. Almost no flex and washboard was almost undriveable (constant fishtailing due to a light rear with really high spring rate).

Anyways, that's my .02. There are lots of leaf springs in the junkyard and i was very unhappy with my XJ main leaf as an AAL. My MJ leaves are really nice and flexy.

Agreed, I ran a bastard pack before the OME's I have now and it was rough! Much better now though.

Back