• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rugged Ridge vs Currie HD Tie Rod kit

Thunderhead7

NAXJA Forum User
How is the Rugged Ridge PN 18050.82 Heavy Duty Tie Rod kit compare to the Currie HD Tie Rod kit PN DE-9701?? Thanks

Apple baby food compared to an apple!

I have the Currie now & had the Rugged Ridge, The Currie is the only way to go.(on a stock replacement) The Rugged Ridge is JUNK & you will only get about 1 wheeling trip before it has a fat dead spot. Save you money & buy the Currie...

Thanks, Jose I will get the Currie, Now I'm waiting patiently to get the Rubicon Express 5.5 long arm. Cheers

Thanks, Jose I will get the Currie, Now I'm waiting patiently to get the Rubicon Express 5.5 long arm. Cheers

You will be very happy with both..

Thanks for your help again.

i have the complete currie kit sitting beside me right now waiting to be installed into my Xj later this week, all i can say at the moment is that it is BEEF and HEAVY, never used anything other than stock up untill this point..so i cant compare, but i would imagine you would have a tough time finding a stock replacment kit that is heavier duty then this currie kit.

i was told however that the tie rod end is a currie only end and that a smart guy would pack a spare, because you cant just pick up a new one at an auto parts store.

i will have photos in a few days of the Xj conversion that will include pics of the steering

i have the complete currie kit sitting beside me right now waiting to be installed into my Xj later this week, all i can say at the moment is that it is BEEF and HEAVY, never used anything other than stock up untill this point..so i cant compare, but i would imagine you would have a tough time finding a stock replacment kit that is heavier duty then this currie kit.

i was told however that the tie rod end is a currie only end and that a smart guy would pack a spare, because you cant just pick up a new one at an auto parts store.

i will have photos in a few days of the Xj conversion that will include pics of the steering

I take my Rugged Ridge steering that was on my rig with me as a spare
when ever i do any out of town wheeling trips.

I would rather have Used stock XJ stuff, then a brand new Rugged ridge kit..

Garbage..

Go currie and don't look back. I been wheeling jeeps for about 8-9 years now and always used stock steering stuff. A couple months ago I finally upgraded to Currie's steering and I regret not getting it LONG ago. It's firms up the steering and eliminates any wobble from the wimpy stock tie rod. It's also bolt in so just pop off your stock setup and install the currie. Save the currie boxes for your stock steering and bring them along as spares. Not that you will ever need em, but just in case that maybe a fellow wheeler breaks a stock steering part lol.

Back