• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ecu

nomorecash

NAXJA Forum User
anyone have a ecu out of a 1987 4.0 5 sp i can use? please!! dont want to spend the money to find out its not the problem... cant get jeep to run

thanks

anyone have a ecu out of a 1987 4.0 5 sp i can use? please!! dont want to spend the money to find out its not the problem... cant get jeep to run

thanks

99 times out of 100, it NOT the ECU.

i take it you have no spark?
did you try
CPS?
coil?
the thing under the coil?

fuel?

is the pump on?
what psi r you getting?

why do you think its the ecu?

do you have injector pulse?

i turn the key and get nothing at all.... just put in a new ign switch,checked fuses, and all fuseable links look good using a wire probe... o and new batt cables

she just died driving down the road

nothing that is tied to the ign switch is working ie windows radio etc

door locks work, head lights work:dunno:

87 didnt they have that wire harnes plug on the firewall that likes to foul?. do you have power to the raido ? i had something simular happen to mine it was the fuse link to the power wire for the computer that died on mine. took me forever to find it to. the out side looked good.

the fuse links are the ones atached to the starter relay under the hood. if your up for removing the computer one of the pins should have power at all times. another shold have power when the ign switch is on

no prob. glad to hear good news. see ya on the trails

Back