• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old man emu 2.5" leafs

1tuffxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ordered these to match my 2" spacers up front cuz my s10 bastards just weren't working out. Anyone have real world experience with em? Are they worth the $?

98 xj. I ordered medium duty.

Ordered these to match my 2" spacers up front cuz my s10 bastards just weren't working out. Anyone have real world experience with em? Are they worth the $?

98 xj. I ordered medium duty.

Worth every bit of it! I bought a used set from a buddy. They came apart very easily when i added the extra leaf to them. My suspension is all OME and I love it. Rides great on the highway.

the shocks won't hurt the leafs. And yeah OME springs are very nice.

ProComp es3000's, skyjacker Hydro's, Rancho RS5000's and pretty much all white body twin tube shocks are junk.

I'm running them in my 2000 XJ as part of the full kit that DPG offers. I ended up more like 3+" lift with them with stock rear shackles. They ride nice all around except I do notice just a tiny bit of wrap with them if I really get on it from a stop on asphalt but nothing that concerns me at all.

I put in a complete OME kit (From DPG) the 2.5" turned out to be a little over 3" but the ride is great. I also have the gas OME shock. The nice thing about working with DPG is that he has tried it himself and knows what works. Before he would sell me the gas shocks he put a set on his XJ and tried them out.

thx for the info guys, sounds like my $ is well spent. if anyone is thinking about getting them, their on sale at 4wheel parts now, $268 shipped.

who is dpg?

DPG is DPGoffroad.com

Also, why do so many people come on here asking if a product is any good after they've already ordered it? Does this mane no sense to anyone else?

Did you get the Light, med or heavy duty leafs? Have heard that the med/hd net around 3"+ typically.

DPG is DPGoffroad.com

Also, why do so many people come on here asking if a product is any good after they've already ordered it? Does this mane no sense to anyone else?

I've been in the Jeep world for quite a while so I know all about ome's good rep. I don't wanna know IF their good cuz I already know. Just wanted pos affirmation from the xj nation who have run them. I ordered Med duty but I'm starting to think I shoulda got light. Is that 3+ lift I get gonna make my rear dshaft unhappy? Do they come w shims?

After much research I too went with OME, but with heavy duty; coils, and leaf pacs, including OME's AAL's, as I carry around a lot of stuff, and want to trailer an atv, etc. Also ordered top of the OME line of shocks as well, although ARBUSA said I did not really need 'em.., lol, if they drove my roads, lol.

Shims do not come with whatever you order. They are extra, as an order, and as cost. Rocky Road has some good ones, and have a commentary on why.., but I have not ordered from them. They make great shackles too. I could not sort out a definative answer to my mental questions just looking at their site's product combos, etc., especially confusing was the mixture of OME, and R.R. suspension part combos. Emailed them, friendly and all, but when you google reviews, it's a mixed bag. Seems when the staff goes out wheeling, the business side lags. Probably real common. Happened to me with another outfit, a fellow NAXJA member, but understandable, so I was patient because the knowlege base, honesty, and products are second to none.

Dealing with 4 wheel parts has been a snafu of sorts; as I wanted to go through the Washington State Hub of their various State-side outlets, (closest to Alaska), but in this case should anyone here at NAXJA order from the Wa.St. hub you must pay Washington State Tax on top of your order, unless you obtain from them a link to a gov. site for a Tax Exemption Form. A real hassle.., plus 4 wheel parts wanted a copy of my Driver's License in order to fulfill some corporate b.s.., for parts(?). Either I'm stupid for not knowing why, or they are stupid for making customers jump through an extra hoop. My order was on 7/7, and won't go out their door until 8/7. You guys are lucky, lol, my order then goes on a barge up the N.American Continent which is another couple of weeks. (BTW: I made two orders with 4 wheel parts, the second being around a week, or two latter than the first.., and I had to send them another damned Wa. St. Tax Exemption Form which was no damned different than the first one.., like duh.., don't they have a copy machine there?). After fulfilling the second Tx Exempt request, came the D.Lic issue, which means one dead week of inactivity while they wait for it to arrive in the snail mail. I figure if I give someone a couple of grand, the service should equal that. All things said, if the parts are correct as per the order, then I should never-the-less become a happy camper, 'eh? If ARBUSA was really on top of things, i.e., the market place, they would, should have an outlet, rather than having to go through a mulitude of jobbers who may, or may not have items in stock for point of purchase sales. What I do like about ARBUSA/OME products are the advantages of having a 'tuned' well researched, built, and practical application proven on bad roads in Aus. Think of it.., miles, and miles of washboard roads. There are many on this site who can mix, and match a good suspension system, but I'd rather let someone else prove it well enough so I can spend my money once, get the job done, and get it on...:peace:

Worth every bit of it! I bought a used set from a buddy. They came apart very easily when i added the extra leaf to them. My suspension is all OME and I love it. Rides great on the highway.

What leaf did you add and what did it net? I am running these OME 2.5M with 1.75 shackles.. Got 5.5 RE springs up front with drop brackets.. I need about an inch or less in the rear to level out and would like a little more rigidness (less flex) for loading up all the camping gear.

why was your bastard pack not cutting it?

1st off, they suck to get off at the boneyard unless u have a cordless grinder (I don't). I got a set from a 90 s10 4x4. Cut the main eyes , n replaced 2nd xj leaf w it. Gave me like 4" lift n sat uneven. Also rode like shit. So I went n got s10 blazer packs (thinking suv rides better than truck). Did the same. Sat level now, almost even, but had a horrible spongy ride. I dealt w it for a few wks, then it started sagging. I said screw it n ordered ome's. Sometimes just biting the bullet n do it rite is the only real answer.

Why can't OME give actual lift height numbers? Everything I read claims the 2.5 springs actually gain them over 3" and never the same number. I haven't seen 1 person claim to have got the advertised height. I wanted to go with OME but with all the advertised and claimed height differences ended up turning me off. I only wanted 2" nothing more and I wanted a stiff spring I could load down with weight and not sag. I ended up with Crown HD leafs and have been great but I really would have liked to go with OME for their quality.

What leaf did you add and what did it net? I am running these OME 2.5M with 1.75 shackles.. Got 5.5 RE springs up front with drop brackets.. I need about an inch or less in the rear to level out and would like a little more rigidness (less flex) for loading up all the camping gear.

Sorry, been away all weekend. I have the CS034RA packs with the OME extra leafs. I'd say I got around 3-3.5" out of it.

With my 2000 I ended up having to rotate the pinion down with a set of 3* shims and I still get a vibe around 70+ or if I am real light on the throttle like just before coasting. BTW its a 4.0 AW4 231 with no TC drop.

Back