• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 head on a 94 motor?

Dfete1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a low mileage head off of a 98 model and a 94 that needs a head. i know the head gaskets are the same, but both have diffrent casting #s.I have the whole 98 engine with int./exh. manifolds. Anyone know why it wont work?

pretty sure 91-99 4.o heads are pretty much identical. Maybe the intake/ exhaust ports may be machined slightly different, but should work fine once everything is bolted together. If I ever had the head off of mine I would go ahead and gasket match the head ports and throttle body anyways.

The '98 0630 head doesn't have the temp-sender in the driver's side rear corner for the dash gauge that the '94 7120 has. Some of the early 0630s like my 1/96 does still have the sensor, some have a plug in that location, and other's not even tapped. You can tap the t-stat housing or buy hesco's 2-sensor housing and extend the single lead wire to the front. Other than that, the 7120s(91-95) and 0630s(96-99) are identical.

Thanks guys, i appreciate the info. The head goes on tomorrow! I got everything ready just had to order the gasket set today. I had this head for over a year and thought i wouldn':roll:t work. Sweet!

Back