• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case Question.

jeep.kevin

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently in the process of removing all of the heating and air conditioning nonsense in my cherokee (89) and I am also going through and eliminating as much extra wiring and vacuum lines as I can.

I was considering getting rid of the yellow, blue, red, and green vacuum lines that run to my transfer case but I realized I have no idea what they control or do, if somebody could please fill me in id really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance! :D

If you still have the original vacuum disconnect front axle, you're going to need those lines. They control the vacuum-actuated shift motor on the front axle. And they connect to a vacuum switch to tell your 4WD light to come on!

Ok, I figured they had something to do with that. I swapped my front axle for a non-disco HP 30 so Im gonna go ahead and get rid of those lines. as for the 4wd light, i wont need that either.

thank you for your help i appreciate it.

Back