• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New shackles with lift?

amorth

NAXJA Forum User
So I just received my IRO 3" lift with full leaf springs (makes in 3.5" in the rear) and 3" front coil springs.
I don't want to do more work than I have to and I figured since I was down there that maybe I should replace my shackles (I don't know their conditions yet - I have a 2000 Sport so they have some years/miles on them).
My questions are - 1) is it recommended to upgrade to new shackles and if so, should I stay close to the OEM size and do I need to do anything with the front (my whole goal was a 3" lift - I don't want to do any trimming); or 2) should I just replace them with OEM shackles?

Yeah, I think there are more than two questions in that statement. :laugh2:

Thanks!

when I tried to pull my shackles, the first time, they would not come out

this time they came out like they whee lubed with butter or something

I would recommend a a taller shackle and if possible shackle relocation... the reason I say this is MOST 3" leave kits have terrible shackle angle... as a result you will want to correct that angle, not only that but the increased arch of the 3" lift leaves make flexing in the rear kinda hard to do... look into it

Back