• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arms...IRO, RC.....

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
So my homemade LA setup just isn't cutting it anymore...I don't have a place anymore to build stuff, so my only option is to buy something pre made...I am not looking to spend 1k on this...not even $700. My XJ currently sits, Id say right below 4.5". I have been looking at the RC long arm upgrade as an option...I know that people have been talking about the joints going out fast and don't know if anything has changed or not since then...I am also looking at the IRO kit...I like the design and it seems like alot less parts...the only drawback is that caster adjustment on the ONE upper arm..that kind of scares me a bit...now, my jeep will NEVER see anything hardcore. Couple trips to URE, couple LEGAL places around where I live.

As of right now, I am running a TC drop..I know that the IRO kit allows your to keep the drop and use their kit, but the arms are not adjustable, unless you pay the extra 100 bucks...My questions is...which would you go with? If I go with the RC upgrade, chances might be that I develop some vibes and have to do a HnT or full on SYE which will be even more money. If I go with the IRO, I can leave the drop in place and save for either a HnT or SYE later on....main thing...I need to make my jeep more streetable...

Like I said, these 2 kits come to mind because of the price...and just want some people who have first hand experience to chime in

I would go with serious off road, they have a sell now, 650 for the kit, and do the front CV swap on the rear axle. Actually, this is my current option number 2.

My wife runs the IRO on her wj with 6" lift and no sye or t-case drop. No complaints, plenty of flex, no caster problems. Ride is super smooth compared to the rc short arms. Only issue she's had was on deer valley trail when the rc track bar folded. After seeing the quality of the IRO long arms, we ordered their track bar to replace the rc 1. Rc did warranty their track bar, but I don't trust it, so it serves as a spare.

Back