• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ethanol Blend yeilds, better running, more power, better throttle response?

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
I normally run 89 to 94 octane chevron techron normal gas, but for the third time ( not in a row) I've had to gas up at our husky here in town, and they run ethanol blend fuel, I've used 89 octane all three times and all three times have noticed huge improvements in how it runs, more power, smoother at higher rpm, better throttle response. Its an 89 renix. Just to try I tanked up my ktm , and holy hell can notice huge difference with the bike as well.. whats going on here?

BCMAX,

I could have used your engine,...No! your entire XJ in 2007. I worked in Des Moines Iowa for 10 months. I could not find a gas station that did not have an Ethanol blended gasoline. My XJ lost so much power that the mileage dropped by about 100 miles per tank from about 350 to 250 +/-. I wonder if the US customs would allow you to ship some of that gas over to us here in the US?

Its not that the chevron, or petro canada, or the others have bad gas, I don't know what it is or why either...
and yup we have chevron, I tend to use the 94 octane from there. Maybe the heat range of the spark plug?

Back