• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear shock mounting???need more travel

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Current setup: re 5.5, hd shackle boxes, and 2" lift shackles and ten inch travel shocks. I have 5 inches up travel and five inches down. I need more uptravel as 5" is just not enough, and more down. What can I do here?
2011-07-18135559.jpg

2011-07-18135621.jpg

is this thing caged? you could allways go thru the cab...

no cage, trying to stay away from an inner hoop setup because I like my valuable cargo space. what are guys running for travel when they go through the floor?

cant give exact numbers out back due to the rear suspension being harder to compress in a controlled enviroment, I cant just drive up a loading dock like i can for the front. however i run 12's, and get pretty much every millimeter of travel out of them.

when i ran fox 10's in stock location, they were allways too long at bump, then being too short at droop, acting as limit straps. surprisingly, the foxes could handle that, the rear sheet metal could not! at this point i had no choice! this is the interior side of the rear shock mounts, theres a little sheet metal peice thats spot welded to the cab, this is what those spot welds look like now. if i put an interior light on at night, and crawl under the jeep, it looks like stars!

Back