• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaking oil? from radiator

OutkastBoss

NAXJA Forum User
i tried to search i swear lol anyway i have an 01 auto xj w the 4.0

and Im leaking what looks like oil from one or both of the two lines at the bottom drivers side of the radiator, and am getting conflicting advice on what this is and how to go about repairing it..

looks kinda like oil to me had one friend tell me it was trans cooler lines other said oil cooler lines and one said i can just replace the fitting while the other said the lines are one peice w the fittings attached..

so someone please clarify for me what this is and if i can replace just the fittings or the whole line.. any reccomendations on where to buy the new lines or fittings and wich ones ill need and any special tools needed (maybe to disconect them?)

any help would be greatly appreciated

Transmission oil cooler lines go into the radiator on the driver's side. There is a quick disconnect inside the bellmouth and the hose just grips onto the end of the spud tube from the radiator at low pressure. They can be replaced, but first check to make sure your quick disconnect is holding the tranny oil line tightly up to the stub tube.

Back