• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Real Hood Vents!!!

rockcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Made some serious damage to my hood, for the good. I shouldn't have any problems with high tems in the engine bay. Also running 2 electric fans on all metal HD radiator.

DSC_1609.jpg

DSC_1610.jpg

DSC_1611.jpg

DSC_1613.jpg

DSC_1614.jpg

DSC_1618.jpg

DSC_1620.jpg

DSC_1621.jpg

DSC_1625-1.jpg

DSC_1628.jpg

Fabed some 1 3/4 square hood spacers for the back of the hood, the front will shut in its place.

DSC_1639.jpg

Also took off rear hatch struts that didn't hold and were weak, mounted them to the hood and it holds awesome, the hood weighs less. Its a good use of bad hatch struts

DSC_1637.jpg

how in the heck did you fit the compass lights on the xj??

Those are Commander lights. There is a write up somewhere.

I like it! Where'd you get the trim strip for around the cutout?

And I've never thought of using hatch struts for that, Now I know what to do with mine if they ever go bad.

Do you think you need the spacers with all that vent area?

How long do you think it'd take to cook a burger on that grill? :)

Looks like expanded metal. Obtainable at your local metal shop. Sometimes at hardware stores also.

No metal shop locally. I tried Lowes, Home Depot and a local hardware store and no results.
I'd also like to know what he used on the end of the shock (hood end) to secure the old hatch shocks. I have a set I'm looking to do this with.

Back