• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood louvers and vents

coueshunter

NAXJA Forum User
I see everyone always posting about using Lebaron hod vents and how hard they are to find.
Why do people not just buy the hood vents from Gen Right. They re much cheaper then what I have seen some people buy Lebaron vents for. They have a wide variety of sizes and kits and are probably a cleaner setup.

I am sure that the vents for the wrangler would still fit nicely in a cherokee. Has anyone tried it?

http://www.genright.com/category.aspx?categoryID=117

LVR1001-3bkOJ_lg.jpg

LVR2pclongOnWhtJp_lg.jpg

cant get genrights page to load, so i cannot see prices... but if i remember correctly, theyre like 80$+?

if you spend that on lebaron vents, your retarded. junkyard wants about $30 for a set, and theyre not hard at all to find, so your post is all kinda of wrong.

do you like the genright vents? if so run em, done and done. i wont pay $100 for a set of vents though.

I put in SeaDog Marine vents (originally off a boat, but they work great) for all of $8 each. I bent up some sheet metal to make drip trays for them, but went through an entire winter with no problems at all so I never put them on. Just as well as I had to carve up one of them to fit the K&N FIPK I got.

LVR1001-3bkOJ_lg.jpg

I have the square style hood vents from Gen-Right on mine and they work fine. Been on there for a little over a year and I haven't had any issues. The engine compartment doesn't get any more wet than it would driving in the rain.

Back