• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 Cherokee Clutch Fan Shroud! (Closed Cooling System)

1990Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, I have a 1990 Cherokee Pioneer, 5spd L6. When I bought it ,It was missing the clutch fan shroud. I have a closed cooling system. I pulled a shroud out of a 92 Laredo at the JY and it is not the right size, wrong mounting etc.... Anyone out there have any suggestions as to where I can find the correct one? Thanks a lot.

Online, Rockauto might have it. Otherwise I think you're junkyard hunting.

I assume you have the 4.0, so you're looking for '87-91 (I think) "RENIX" XJ's with the 4.0 at your junkyard...

Is it getting hot without the shroud?

Thanks my friend,I thinks it back to the ol bone yard for this item. It was getting hot then I realized that the electric auxiliary fan wasn't operating. I found that it was losing voltage at the wire harness for the radiator temp control switch that is supposed to be screwed into the radiator above the lower hose. Apparently the radiator has been replaced at some point with a radiator that doesn't have the plug to screw in a temp switch so someone just never put one back in. I bi-passed the switch to a toggle switch under the dash so I can run the aux fan whenever it starts to run hot. I still want to install the clutch fan shroud to help with the cooling.

Back