• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which transmission mount is right?

SolarBell

NAXJA Forum User
My transmission mount is shot. I replaced my motor mounts last spring when replacing the motor. (I was more stupid then and didn't think to replace the transmission mount at the same time)

specs - 2000 XJ, 4.0L, AW4, 242.

Problem is, all of the transmission mounts I can find at NAPA or Summit Racing all say they are for the 2.5L 4-cyl rather than the 4.0L I6. I asked the dealer if the 2.5L and the 4.0L were different part numbers and he confirmed they were. Problem is, the stealership wants $150+ for the stinkin' transmission mount! :eek::shocked:

My question is - Are they indeed different? Is there any place at all that sells this transmission mount for under $100? I was planning on sticking with a standard rubber mount since that's what my engine mounts are.

There is a difference - but it doesn't necessarily go by engine size.
IMG_6622.jpg

What they call a '4Cylinder' version has centered bolts (the 4 on the bottom). See the mount on the left.
What they call a '6Cylinder' version has offset bolts (the 4 on the bottom). See the mount on the right.
Some XJ's have holes for either mount (my 1998 does). Some only have holes for one mount (my buddies 2001).

Check out rockauto.com - they sell either mount for $15.

Wow, I walk away for 10 minutes and get everything I need! Thanks...

I had stopped looking at Quadratec, I totally forgot about them.

Sent from my Evo Shift using Tapatalk

There is a difference - but it doesn't necessarily go by engine size.
IMG_6622.jpg

What they call a '4Cylinder' version has centered bolts (the 4 on the bottom). See the mount on the left.
What they call a '6Cylinder' version has offset bolts (the 4 on the bottom). See the mount on the right.
Some XJ's have holes for either mount (my 1998 does). Some only have holes for one mount (my buddies 2001).

Check out rockauto.com - they sell either mount for $15.

So odd. I just went and looked and mine has the 4 not offset, like you pictured for the '4 cylinder'. At least that means my local NAPA has it in stock.

Sent from my Evo Shift using Tapatalk

Subscribing...........

Back