• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kennedy / Troy Meadows??

TA2Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where this spot is at?? If you do, coords would be appreciated - thanks..

P1000869.jpg

Don't know were that spot is but just spent 3 days up there. The road to Monache was washed out and Sherman Jeep trail was still closed. Spent the weekend with the Forest Service and the Gear Grinders clearing tree's

Don't know were that spot is but just spent 3 days up there. The road to Monache was washed out and Sherman Jeep trail was still closed. Spent the weekend with the Forest Service and the Gear Grinders clearing tree's

Good job,Rich.

Thanks for helping on OUR public lands.

Been up there quite a few times wheelin and fishing and I have never seen that spot. Probably drove right by it and never even noticed it. I have a few buddies that fish that area every year. I will forward the pic to them and see if they recognize it and can get coordinates or at least directions.

I've been up there but I do not recall that exact spot. The road up to Kennedy Meadows from the highway is fricken nuts.

I've been up there but I do not recall that exact spot. The road up to Kennedy Meadows from the highway is fricken nuts.

You gotta make sure you fill up your tank just before you break off the 395 towards Kennedy meadows because it's WAY back there and will use up a 1/3 of a tank just getting up there.

The family and I are heading up the middle of Aug. You take Nine Mile Road which is just past Pearsonville off of 395. We usually stay out side of the Kennedy Meadows Campground next to the river, the kids and dogs love playing in the water. This year we are going to go farther up the mountain and stay near the Troy Meadow Campground. Fish Creek Campground is between the other two but much closer to Troy Meadow.

Troy Meadow GPS 36.0677312, -118.236749
Kennedy Meadow GPS 36.0527215, -118.1311919
Fish Creek Campground GPS 36.0588326, -118.2184153

The family and I are heading up the middle of Aug. You take Nine Mile Road which is just past Pearsonville off of 395. We usually stay out side of the Kennedy Meadows Campground next to the river, the kids and dogs love playing in the water.

I was looking for that exact pad / fireplace in the picture jschmidt; when are you heading up there? I was looking to hit Monache 08/12 - 08/14 to enjoy this : http://meteorshowersonline.com/perseids.html

I was looking for that exact location in the picture as a backup, if Monaches still closed / open but wet.

(BTW - thanks to fordguy for helping get the trail cleared :D)

The family and I are heading up the middle of Aug. You take Nine Mile Road which is just past Pearsonville off of 395. We usually stay out side of the Kennedy Meadows Campground next to the river, the kids and dogs love playing in the water. This year we are going to go farther up the mountain and stay near the Troy Meadow Campground. Fish Creek Campground is between the other two but much closer to Troy Meadow.

Troy Meadow GPS 36.0677312, -118.236749
Kennedy Meadow GPS 36.0527215, -118.1311919
Fish Creek Campground GPS 36.0588326, -118.2184153

Troy Meadows is where we stayed. Great campground, super clean and you can park a tow rig across the street in the overflow for free.

Back