• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elbe hills - Busy Wild trip

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so after watching a few videos and talking it over with a few others. I think we should have a trip up to elbe hills to run the busy wild. As the hype goes, it is the most difficult trail to run in the northwest. 5 foot mud holes and extream body damage. I know I don't wanna run it in the rain so let's do it when its dry and been that way for a while. I was thinking we could run it in early september. Maybe do a camping trip. Head up on sat camp and come back sun.

Probably have a requirements list for those who participate. Lockers, 33' tire min., full size spare, recovery gear, spare parts, ect.... .

Probably see if some of the ne guys who run that trail a lot could show us around.?

What do you all think? Who's in for a challenge?

I am in, its the When that will be tricky. August is filling up fast. With the drive, I would rather go up on a friday night, then run it saturday and come back sunday.

I hate to burst your bubble, but they are currently logging on and around the busywild trail and have been closing portions of the trail as they are doing it. In the original plan they were supposed to keep it open on the weekends, but there have been several occasions where people have gone to run it on the weekend and have had to turn around because the trail is covered with downed trees. From what we have heard most recently from the DNR the area is more difficult to log than they expected and they are not always able to get all the trees out of the way before they stop working. Because of this the trail will be closed on and off for the next several months. If you go join the forum at www.nw-wheelers.com you can follow the busywild closure thread in the NW Trail Chatter section to follow the progress and try to plan around the closures.

I hate to burst your bubble, but they are currently logging on and around the busywild trail and have been closing portions of the trail as they are doing it. In the original plan they were supposed to keep it open on the weekends, but there have been several occasions where people have gone to run it on the weekend and have had to turn around because the trail is covered with downed trees. From what we have heard most recently from the DNR the area is more difficult to log than they expected and they are not always able to get all the trees out of the way before they stop working. Because of this the trail will be closed on and off for the next several months. If you go join the forum at www.nw-wheelers.com you can follow the busywild closure thread in the NW Trail Chatter section to follow the progress and try to plan around the closures.
Thank you for the heads up!

im definately interested in mid late aug.

I mean if worst comes to worst we can just run the rest of elbe. So...... I still wanna go if anyone else does.

I will probably bow out of this. August is pretty much here and filling up quick. Boys are starting football, and back to school activities will commence.

I could be in for this, whoever wants to go should be prepared to come back with doors that don't work anymore, missing windows, flat tires, etc etc etc.

-Alex

I dont know that i like the idea of 5ft. deep mud holes. If the trip doesn't happen this summer i'll shoot for next

You get my point though. My rig is also my dd. So I can't aford it to be totaled. If I can't run it in the summer I probably won't run it. If anybody wants to make a go of it in sep. I'm still down. Is the busy is closed we cann just wheel something else. I'm shooting for sep. After the 10th.

Back