• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speed Sensor TC 241 J from Rubi, installed in XJ.

REGIO

NAXJA Forum User
First of all, not sure if this is hardcore but, I am in Mexico and trying to get the right part number in that way, I do not want to spend more money ordering the wrong part again.

I need the speed sensor that will attach to the 241J (4.1) TC, that I just installed on a 2000 XJ. Everything is working fine, except the speedometer.

I understand it has to be eletrical and NOT mechanical. here at the dealership dont know crap, and will not take any responsability if I ordered the wrong part.

Can someone please confirm the correct part number for this part? I already looked, everywhere, and no luck.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Did the transfer case not come with the sensor? My '01 has a 241OR in it and the speedometer plugged right in and worked.

Nop, did not come with it. that is why, I am trying to get the p/n, or some sort of correct part to order it. Here it takes a while to get it and dont want to order the wrong one. any help will be appreciated.

thanks

nope, it was missing. the TC is coming from a Rubi (03 or 04) can not remember.

I see the one that your telling me, and I think that is it. my problem is how to get the p/n to see if I can order it here from the dealership. I can also just buy that but, it will take forever for delivery to Mexico. let me see if they can help me.

Thanks

Putting a 241OR TC into a 97+ XJ is a relatively simple matter of bolting it in and connecting the VSS. I installed one into my 97 back in 2004 and everything worked perfectly.

You need the stock VSS for the 241OR TC. I am having a Senior Momemnt... You may also have to turn the linkage at the TC 180 degrees... Just can't quite remember that particular detail. The Stock XJ TC shifter will work fine. One of the best refits that can be done. You will love the 4:1 Low Range.

Back