• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello everyone

98socalxj

NAXJA Forum User
My names Robert, just joined up. Bought my 98 XJ from my cousin this past weekend for $700. Exterior kinda rough with some driver side door and rocker damage. Interior not too bad, needs cleaning up, missing a few panels. Gonna change out all the fluids and usual tune up maintenance stuff. Still has stock wheels and suspension. Been reading about the XJ's some since I've had my eye on my cousins XJ, so I know I've got a good platform to work with. Once I get everything running right I'll start working on lift and stuff.

Also anyone know which junkyards will most likely have 97-01 xj's in the yard. I've been to 2 locally to me but I've only seen mostly 87-95.

Thanks, looking forward to learning and contributing to the forums. Will post pics when I get a chance.

late models are hit n miss at the junkyards.... santa fe springs may have a 99 or so on occasion, dunno if ive ever seen a 00/01....

YES, your jeep has a nicer interior... but i'd rather have a shitty interior i can rip out and replace, than have a non-junkyard driveline.

Thanks for the welcome...forgot to upload some pics I took.

IMAG0054.jpg

Those 3 wires hanging down, do those connect to the side marker light thats not there or something else?

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

Not too bad for $700, a little work needs done. Engine runs fine, slight leak from the front, I think its the power steering. All tires need to be changed. Once I finish my bathroom remodel project I can concentrate on the XJ.

Welcome Robert.

When you come by on Sat. we can give it a quick once over if you want.

Welcome Robert.

When you come by on Sat. we can give it a quick once over if you want.

Thanks for the offer Avery, wish it was drivable. That smaller front passenger tire makes it unsafe to drive plus I need to get it registered. When I get it in safe drivable condition I'll bring it by one day since your not far.

Thanks for the offer Avery, wish it was drivable. That smaller front passenger tire makes it unsafe to drive plus I need to get it registered. When I get it in safe drivable condition I'll bring it by one day since your not far.

The offer stands when you can :cheers:

Back