• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Dash, need wiring guru

Sillyfast

NAXJA Forum User
So I went all chop out crazy and that led to ripping the factory dash out and building a custom one. Its pretty much done. I chopped up the factory gauges so they are flush mount and everything works except the illumination lights and the light I hooked up for the check engine light. I checked fuses, checked the grounds and wired the CEL buy tracing the stock lights lines (black with red stripe and white with orange line) but those doubled up with a couple other wires so I don't know if that's right. I also tried each of those lines with a ground to the chassis and that did not work either. As far as the gauge illumination lights, worst case scenario I hard wire them up and put them on a switch.

While testing I did not have any of the HVAC controls hooked up and I don't know if that has any effect. I also do not have any of the factory stereo wires hooked up.
Picture so this thread isn't anymore boring
gauge.jpg

Did you measure the voltage right at the light? Bottom line, the lights could have burned out.

i have no ideas except thats pretty cool.

i would have opted to use the gauge cluster instead of dummy lights tho.

yup. all that work to keep the dummy cluster.

i recently whittled down my interior harness, many wires double up, and you cant save them all, run a new wire.

VERY NICE, what all did you ditch for interior wiring? looks like youve got manual windows, did you ditch any of the door harness? what about dash switches?

there is no door harness. the speakers are going in a sound bar. I ditched the factory stereo wiring and have custom switches for many things. Still have the factory hvac controls (wanted to at least keep defrost, it is MI) mounted in one of the panels. Also moved my winch control jack to one of the panels but my controller has a long enough wire to control inside or out of the vehicle. Will post a pic when I get all the panels mounted so it makes more sense.

Back