• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get this fitting in San Diego or So Cal

ocean_jet

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where I can get this 90* fitting to use on a remote res shock?

Tried ORW. They had a bunch that were close, but none like this one. They had two pieces that could be used together, but it would be much bigger than using a single piece.

I will use that if I cannot find a single piece fitting like the one in the picture:
mail.jpg

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks. I really don't know anything about these things in terms of standard sizing or coding.

It's male on one end and female on the other.

The thread size and count are the same on both ends.

It wil fit on a 7100 remote resevior. I asssume that's a standard size, but with all my searching and googling, I am unable to make sense of the fitting sizing. They seem to measure in inches, but then there also seems to be a numeric code (I think this one is a 6, or a -6, but I am only guessing???)

I don't know what "-AN" means??

I just figured this would be an easy thing to grab at ORW... but I guess not?? :D

i dont think there is a "hose man" in san diego. last i saw i think he is only in riverside county or something like that. i think i saw it on the way to big bear. bitchen place though.
if you dont mind driving, look up sweet performance. dave makes a bunch of differant hard to find fittings. good prices too. all my AN stuff is sweet performance and it is lasting a lot longer than russel, goodrich, ect. sorry cant help with anything down here in san diego.

Mike you traveling to north county anytime soon? VW paradise in san marcos is an earls distributor. If you really want the industrial tractor zinc plating, check out Rupe's hydraulics. Not a big fan of hose pros personally.

I'm guessing it's -8JIC fem X 8JIC male elbow from the pic. If the od of the threads are 3/4" and 16tpi thats it. AN fittings are army navy aviation spec and are usually anodized. I don't know where in SD you are but Pirtek 8370 Cabot Drive, SD, Ca 92126 (858)695-8856 is good also. They got some hoses to me when we were knocking down the terminal as SD airport. There is also The Parker Store 2325 Auto Park Way, Escondido (760) 781-3555 I don't know if either carry AN fittings but they will have steel industrial fittings that should work.

Dash sizes are in 16th of an inch so -4 is 1/4", -8 is 1/2" and -24 is 1 1/2" for example. JIC fittings are a mechanical seal 37 degree flare, very common in hydraulic applications. There is also SAE which is similar but 45 degree flare but more common in industrial engines and truck brakes.

I'm guessing it's -8JIC fem X 8JIC male elbow from the pic. If the od of the threads are 3/4" and 16tpi thats it. AN fittings are army navy aviation spec and are usually anodized. I don't know where in SD you are but Pirtek 8370 Cabot Drive, SD, Ca 92126 (858)695-8856 is good also. They got some hoses to me when we were knocking down the terminal as SD airport. There is also The Parker Store 2325 Auto Park Way, Escondido (760) 781-3555 I don't know if either carry AN fittings but they will have steel industrial fittings that should work.

Dash sizes are in 16th of an inch so -4 is 1/4", -8 is 1/2" and -24 is 1 1/2" for example. JIC fittings are a mechanical seal 37 degree flare, very common in hydraulic applications. There is also SAE which is similar but 45 degree flare but more common in industrial engines and truck brakes.

Thanks! That's great information.

I'll check out Pirtek... I need to stop by HF anyway.

www.sweetperformance.com
they make just about everything in house. and they will ship. talk to dave and tell him victor sent you.
with their lower prices and shipping i bet it will still be less expensive as if you went running around and spending double on XRP or something.

Back