• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wag bags for Rubicon

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
For those coming along for the Rubicon portion of the run. Don't forget your WAG bags. For those who don't know, you need to clean up after yourself while on the trail.

Leaving a pile of poo and toilet paper behind after doing your business is not allowed. Yes, some idiots feel they don't have to follow the rules, but those who come to the Sierra Fest will be expected to use them.

These are a little expensive, but around $3 per kit sounds about right.

Ebay 50 pack, $150: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pett-Wag-Bags-G...676?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3efe5190b4

Bass Pro Shops has a pack of 12 for $40: http://www.basspro.com/The-WAG™-Bag-Kit-(Waste-Alleviation-&-Gelling)/product/45416/-967237

If you find better pricing, please post up a link.

If anyone is interested in a group buy, post up here.

If the Sierra Chapter BOD wants to buy a pack of 50 and sell them on the trail then let me know about that one too.

Glad you posted this. Count me in for group buy, otherwise I'll probably be buying the one's from Bass Pro.

Looks like the Sierra Chapter BOD is going to front the money for the group buy. Post up if you would like to buy some from us. At this point the minimum we'll buy is 50.

Bring cash, nothing like paying to poo in the wilderness. :D

I have a Pett toilet and 12 wag bags I'll be bringing as well.

In for the group buy! Will each kit include an allotment of time on the "portable toilet"? :D

In for 5 or 8 or so of them.

I'm in for 6.

I'll Buy a few on the trail.

What is the recommended number of wag bags for somebody with a diet heavy in cheese and soft foods? I can't seem to get enough cheese whiz these days.

Just trying to prepare for the worst.

If your bowels have a regular schedule (once a day?) then I'd say bring one for each day at least. Best case - you don't use them all and have some left over. Worst case: you get to re-use a bag now and then. They say that is okay to do, but I prefer to use and handle them only once and be done with it.

Always best to have a dog guard your poop tent when your doing your business:

DSC_0500.jpg

I got a pack of 50. Price will be actual cost, $3.25 each. I will keep a few myself, but the rest are up for grabs. Claim them now if you are for coming for sure.

I'll take 6 of them if I can have that many. No, I don't plan on using them all on this trip...

Back