• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deavers on the trail...how are they?

zacattack

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to get new springs, and I'm wondering how Deavers work on trail/rock rigs. Do they flex well, or are they just too stiff being desert focus? My jeep is normally a trail rig, but I use it for chasing our race truck sometimes, so they would be nice for that, but I don't want to give up the off-road abilities of the Jeep.

Thanks a bunch for the input!

from the small amount of info I know about them, I think they will build you a set that will do whatever you want them too.
go-fast, DD, trails, rocks... if you tell them what you have, what you want, what you'll pay... they build you what you need.

when someone says deavers here, they're usually talking about the G9s, which are the prerunner springs.

I'll let you know once I put mine on, they've been sitting in my basement for a couple weeks now...

yeah, sorry. I am talking about the G9s.

XJLI - If they've been just sitting in your basement, maybe I should test them out for you :D

Cal - Thanks, read through that thread, but it didn't have much info as far as trail ride reviews, mostly ride height stuff...maybe I'll revive that thread.

Last edited:
just noticed you live in lakewood. i would love to come check out your jeep and get some pointers. I'm trying to build a mild prerunner out of mine and i'm trying to get all the info i can get.

Back