• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My MC says Bendix on it?

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
there's a sticker on my 96's BB Master cylinder that says Bendix on it. Same part number is on the ABS system but no bendix label.
I'm about to swap to a non abs axle and just wondered why the MC's sticker says Bendix.
Kind of got me a bit nervous so I figured I'd ask.

The MC booster

The ABS

So this is NOT a bendix 9 ABS system i.e. the 89-91 death trap if you disconnect it?

Just wanted to be sure the guy I got it from (had a LOT of XJs) didn't swap in an old system and cannibalize mine for his or something screwy like that.

So I'm all good to pull ABS fuse and relay (s?) drop i the 8.25 and be on my way right?

No, that is NOT the bendix ABS system. That big black cylinder the Bendix sticker is on is the dual diaphragm booster. Judging from the sticker and condition in the picture, is most likely a replacement booster.

This is is the Bendix ABS styem.

DSC_0568.jpg

Compared to a dual diaphragm setup.

DSC_0597.jpg

THANK YOU!!!!
Been trying to find a comparison shot.

It's not a replacement.
My rig is just that squeaky clean in the bay and underneath. Toothbrush, simple Green, and tons of rags every other month. I hate dust lol. Only thig dirty is the brakes. I hose 'em off and blow them dry every time I wash the XJ though.

Almost wouldn't hesitate to eat off anything in my bay....except the battery of course!

Aside from my almost dead dif, only one "one drop a month" leak on the front of my pan gasket. I check it daily.

Back