• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Get Together at The Olde Ship, 07/30

David_Bricker

PSR Fire Marshall
NAXJA Member
I am going to be in the LA area, flying out of LAX on the 31st of July. I'd really like to meet some of you. I'm thinking about going to Greenfield's in Long Beach (thanks, Grimm, for the recommendation!). But, I'm more interested in meeting a few of you, so if Greenfield's doesn't work, I'm up for somewhere else.

I'll probably be in the LA area starting late Friday afternoon, the 29th. I haven't settled on a place to spend the night yet, so could go some other area than Torrance / Long Beach / LAX, which is where I was originally thinking.

Anyone available and would like to meet up on Saturday, the 30th of July?

David Bricker / SYR

Re: Get Together at Greenfields, maybe? 07/30

Wish I could make this but I am leaving that day to go to Sedona for a week.

Well, Sedona will certainly be nicer this time of year. I wish I could do this Friday, the 29th, and I might, but Saturday is much more of a sure thing.

David Bricker / SYR

I could be in, if I'm not working on the KOH ride.

Brazilian BBQ is NOT cheap, so that may keep some people away. I'd be up for it though. Last time I went to Amazon Brazilian BBQ in Anaheim, I had the meat sweats for a week. And I'm supposed to be watching my cholesterol. But what the heck? I'm in.

Cal - don't make me have to decide on helping with the KOH car and meat!

David Bricker / SYR

Yeah, I know the BBQ isn't cheap, and realize that could be a problem. But Greenfield's is the best one I've ever been to, and I don't have any in my neck of the woods. Hopefully, enough people can swing it to make it worthwhile.

I don't get out to LA too often, and am still a newbie, but would like to meet some of you.

David Bricker / SYR

So, I have a maybe from Grimm, Cal and one other, and a yes from JohhnyC. Anyone else interested?

Meet there about 6:00pm? Or better for 7:00pm? Not sure if you need reservations on a Thursday night or not.

David Bricker / SYR

Was just going to ask what time. Because lunch is $16.99 and dinner is $29.99. Seriously, if you want more people to show up, pick a burger or pizza joint. In your first post, you said you were open for other places.

Also... July 30 is a Saturday, not Thursday.

I would be in but cash is tight. Maybe meet at jack in the box? :p

Sorry, you are correct, I am talking about Saturday, July 30, not Thursday.

I see two options. We could certainly do Saturday lunch, to take advantage of the lower cost of lunch. That would drop the price nearly in half, and I can easily eat as much at lunch as I can for dinner, given proper planning.

Or, we could meet someplace else. I just thought of Greenfield as I really enjoyed eating there a few months ago. But I'm open to alternatives, just not quite down to Jack in the Box :) But I'd rather have a chance to meet more of you folks, than worrying about eating someplace specifically.

David Bricker / SYR

I was kidding about jack in the box :p

Ill see what the money situation is when it comes closer to the date set.

Well, darn, the lunch price would have been a great idea, but it isn't available on Saturdays! They charge full price at lunch time.

So, I'm up for other location suggestions if the $$ are a problem. If someone has a good suggestion for somewhere in the Fullerton area, I'm interested. Dinner time (6-7pm) would work best for me.

David Bricker / SYR

OK, how about the Olde Ship? http://www.theoldeship.com/ I've got this suspicion that Cal already owns stock in the place

Looks like a decent menu, and any place that has that many English beers on draught can't be all bad. Prices should be a lot better, so hopefully, more folks could turn out.

Will 7:00pm on Saturday, July 30th work? :cheers: I may be there a bit earlier, but that will just give me a head start on drinking.

David Bricker / SYR

should i pop in and warn them? the last time i took a bunch of jeepers in there, .. .. grimmy and i got thrown out. ;) (well, the bartender frowned at us until we carried ben to another bar..)

should i pop in and warn them? the last time i took a bunch of jeepers in there, .. .. grimmy and i got thrown out. ;) (well, the bartender frowned at us until we carried ben to another bar..)

Now you have me worried - what kind of crazy have I gotten myself into? :eek:

David Bricker / SYR

Back