• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinese snorkel kit

comanche24

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I found some one selling a chinese snorkel copy of the ARB one. He's selling it for 130+ shipping, do you think It's worth it? It's from these guys http://rv4x4.net/cn/ he bought it from them and never put it on. Do you think it's a good deal? Here are some pics

308fffa6.jpg

92d4076a.jpg

I've heard mixed opinions about these. Any thoughts would be nice thanks.

Brandon

I have heard they perform well. Some say the plactic is brittle , others love. I did some research when I saw them on ebay $140 shipped. Check and see if it has the Chinese branding on the side, some do. I would talk down in price since they are $140 on eBay. The main downfall is not supporting an American company, but it is alsmot a 1/3 less then the Safari... Pick you poison.

right isnt ARB Australian!?!?

For 40 bucks you can build a nice looking snorkel out of PVC. 45* bends match the windshield angle nicely. Ive since painted it.

best picture I have on my computer:

25835_1440030080558_1227211950_3214.jpg

I know a few people running them here (Australia) and I'm pretty sure they are fibreglass not plastic, so very brittle. Like you say though, cheap.

Cheers
Steve

I know a few people running them here (Australia) and I'm pretty sure they are fibreglass not plastic, so very brittle. Like you say though, cheap.

Cheers
Steve

Fiberglass does not = brittle if the correct resins to maintain flexibility were used.

Even if it is brittle fiberglass... fiberglass is easy to repair and make look good again vs plastic.

Back