• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-Lift Jack Mounting ! info wanted. THX !

xjcherokee2000

NAXJA Forum User
considering the hi-lift jack only gets used during wheeling trips .... i was think of taking this approch :

installing this mounting bracket (link below) to my stock OEM rear bumper & only attaching the jack when going wheeling :: that way its out of the elements and at same time not taking up space in the jeep.. what do you think about this idea ? would the bumper be stong enough to hold the mounting brackets and jack ? Thanks for any help.

Link to mounting bracket ::
http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Lift-4X400-4XRAC-Mounting-System/dp/tags-on-product/B000CMHNY2

I currently have my 48" Hi-Lift mounted with those brackets to my factory back bumper. The bumper has no problem holding the extra weight (use washers on the back side to spread out the load).

That being said, you do run the risk of damaging your bumper if you slam it into the ground. My jack has hit a few things lightly (the hitch normally takes the brunt of any impact back there) and everything has been fine.

If you do choose to go this route be careful where you mount the brackets. I didn't pay enough with mine and if I have the nose of the jack facing up (so it doesn't act like an anchor) I can't open the hatch. I typically don't need to open the hatch off-road so I'm just living with it until I can build a new rear bumper/swing-out setup.

i like mine on the 1/4 guards

73565_1481576603725_1363110079_31284030_117904_n.jpg

yea, i have dragged it against rocks while wheeling. but its much more out of the way than on the back of the bumper

I used bolts through some plates on the rear seat back. doesn't take up any room mounted to the seat back. then when i need it, i fold the seat down, undue a couple wing nuts and bring it out.

Back