• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HPD30 shafts in LPD30

scott00tj

NAXJA Forum User
Are the axle shafts the same between the high pinion Dana 30 and low pinion Dana 30 the same? Can they be interchanged without any other modifications?

yup, just slide em in. as long as there is no CAD axles involved you are golden

Not quite true. I have an HPD30 from an '86 XJ with 4.10s and a CAD. I am using the full shafts from my '01 in that axle. Search around. People sell bypass kits for the CAD.

There should be a backer plate to close off the connect "hole" and perhaps even a seal that helps guide the longer shaft through the axle tube.

Not quite true. I have an HPD30 from an '86 XJ with 4.10s and a CAD. I am using the full shafts from my '01 in that axle. Search around. People sell bypass kits for the CAD.

There should be a backer plate to close off the connect "hole" and perhaps even a seal that helps guide the longer shaft through the axle tube.
I was saying that with anything other than the cad he can 'plug n play' where as with the cad there is extra work

Back