• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

relocation brackets or sliders?

I like the sliders personally however the boxes allow you to run a longer than stock shackle.

well, the slider boxes have considerably more travel than the stock shackle.

and I really like the idea of them.

Now those are interesting :confused1

I vote for HD relocation brackets. Less likely to wear out.

I haven't heard of any wearing issues with other people running sliders.
they are somewhat popular amongst rockcrawlers.

I am leaning towards the sliders, just because they are a little bit different and less common....

so, if the plastic wears, or breaks, or flat out just disappears for some odd reason, does the bolt fall out? Not sure i trust my life, on a piece of plastic..

Two people in the NAC had sliders at NACfest a couple of weeks ago at Rausch Creek. Both hit them at some point and had the ends bend in. Sliders are cool, but maybe not in the back of a cherrokee IMHO. A slider box frenched into the front framerail near the LCA mount location with a front leaf conversion would be neat though.

the plastic(UHMW) is just there as a low friction "bushing" there would be a large washer to retain the bolt. even if you somehow broke the plastic or wore it off I imagine that the bolt would keep your springs in the box until you got it home

Two people in the NAC had sliders at NACfest a couple of weeks ago at Rausch Creek. Both hit them at some point and had the ends bend in. Sliders are cool, but maybe not in the back of a cherrokee IMHO. A slider box frenched into the front framerail near the LCA mount location with a front leaf conversion would be neat though.

yea... that seems like a weakness.

althought I see no reason why a gusset couldn't be added to the back to keep that from happening as easily.

Those sliders are verry interesting tho i'd imagine if you play in mud and sand alot they would ware out quicker than a standard shackle setup would.

those sliders are pimp do not get me wrong but I would go with the HD product because i have installed a couple and ran a set on my xj for a while and loved it ... also they are half the price

If they had sealed roller bearings, maybe, but plastic slides ? Those should last about half a summer before they grind themselves into plastic dust and fall out.

Can't you find any Revolver Shackles, I hear those work great.

If they had sealed roller bearings, maybe, but plastic slides ? Those should last about half a summer before they grind themselves into plastic dust and fall out.

I dunno, UHMW is pretty stout stuff, and has an extremely low friction coefficient. thats why a lot of guys run it as a skid plate.

the design of the has been around for a while. I have yet to hear of anyone having issues with the plastic being destroyed.

Can't you find any Revolver Shackles, I hear those work great.
:twak:

be the test rat the slider boxes.

I'm leaning towards them. of course I have a couple of other things to do to the jeep before this, but dealing with the lack of felx in the rear is getting high on the list.

Buy the shackle relocation brackets. Brian's stuff is tough as nails and they are now completely bolt-in.

Buy the shackle relocation brackets. Brian's stuff is tough as nails and they are now completely bolt-in.

I have no doubt his stuff is top notch.

however the slider boxes are bolt in as well.

I have been wanting a set of the relocation brackets for a while, but those sliders do look like a lot of fun...

plus, I like to be different.

:gee:

thanks for the opinions, keep 'em comin'

I'm getting the slider boxes. I think it'd be cool to have something a little different, plus I really like the design of them. Seems to me it allows the spring to flex more naturally than sitting on a shackle.

Not worried about the UHMW wearing out at all. It's not normal plastic like some of you guys think. Also, if there is an issue with the tabs bending in, I'll just add a brace on the back of the slider box for more support. I don't have a lot of uptravel in the rear anyway, so I doubt the leaf springs bottom out.

Back