• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAPA golds

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed that the last 2 oil changes I did using NAPA golds the box packaging was removed and it comes in plastic which is neither here nor there but I have also noticed on all 4 jeeps that the idle speed pressure has dropped and all 4 jeeps are dropping enough to trigger the check gauges light. Did they change manufacturers or something and am I now going to have to switch back to Mobil-1 filters.

I have bought napa gold filters recently and they have come in a box still. I am interested to hear if others are seeing just plastic, I may ask the next time I am up at my local napa.

You likley got filters from a master pack, rather than individually packed. Same filters.

if it was a white filter with a 2 in front of the part number you were sold the cheaper filter, they're available in bulk packages that come in one big box instead of individual ones.

is this on a renix or HO engine? the HO should be a NAPA 1085, the Renix would be a 1626. If there is a 2 or a 9 in front of the part number, or it doesn't say NAPA on the filter, you were sold something else.

i just bought one the other day, it came in a box. but i have also bought packs of 12 filters, they came shrink wrapped in a large box. i change my oil way more than most people and i go through alot of filters, never had a problem with the napa gold.

Rich, is it possible that there's a difference in the oil this time rather than the filters?

Don't think so, used the same Mobil-1 10W30 or 10w40 high mileage in the 5 quart jugs that I have been buying for years and using in all 4 jeeps. Been using the NAPA golds for about a year and a half now and just noticed that the last batch I bought came wrapped in plastic and not boxed, then noticed the low idle oil pressure in all 4 once they get hot. Wondering if they changed manufacturers of their filters.

Don't think so, used the same Mobil-1 10W30 or 10w40 high mileage in the 5 quart jugs that I have been buying for years and using in all 4 jeeps. Been using the NAPA golds for about a year and a half now and just noticed that the last batch I bought came wrapped in plastic and not boxed, then noticed the low idle oil pressure in all 4 once they get hot. Wondering if they changed manufacturers of their filters.
When I've had differences between filters, either new versus old, or high quality versus lesser, the difference has appeared as soon as the engine starts. I wouldn't expect the flow characteristics of the filter to change much with temperature. If the difference is only showing up hot I'd suspect a change in the oil.

We will see, next weekend is oil change weekend, our 4 plus my daughters girl friends XJ and her brothers XJ.

Back