• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 89 MJ is needy

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Everytime I fix one thing three more problems pop up!

Now my horn doesn't work. Where is the relay located? How does the column ground?

I have no oil pressure:rattle:I swapped the gauge cluster for one that has oil pressure and temp in it. The temp works great using a 89 XJ sender but my oil pressure gauge is reading 5lbs at idle using a 89 XJ gauge sender. I just recently pulled the motor and cleaned it and checked the oil pump and the mains, the mains looked brand new with 162k on them. all is good there, I have plenty of oil on the top side of the engine. I'm hoping its just a compatibility issue. I plan on hooking up a mechanical oil pressure gauge tomorrow and making sure.

My brand new headliner/board from SMS doesn't fit(n)

Check your pressure with a manual testing gauge to know where that's at.

The horn relay is white, about an inch and a half square, and it's tucked up to the left of the fuse box.

Check your pressure with a manual testing gauge to know where that's at.

The horn relay is white, about an inch and a half square, and it's tucked up to the left of the fuse box.

I picked a gauge up today on the way home. Is the horn relay 3 pronged? If so i found it last night. Thats one weird looking relay.

Thanks

Well either my OP gauge is bad or my sender is the wrong one, I have 45 psi at idle on a mechanical OP gauge.

I replaced the horn relay but there is a issue at the horn button. If I jump the ground, it works but not with the horn button.

I need a pic of how the small spring/pin goes back in.

I think the pressure issue could be due to the wrong oil sender or it is just bad. You said that you swapped the temp sender for one for the gauge but did you do the same for the oil sender?

I think the pressure issue could be due to the wrong oil sender or it is just bad. You said that you swapped the temp sender for one for the gauge but did you do the same for the oil sender?

Yes, I was given a custom gauge cluster made from XJ/MJ gauges and it also has the gear indicator in it. So I used a 89 XJ temp/oil pressure sender(for gauges, not lights).

Got the horn working:D

It goes like this;

spring-pin(head down)-plastic keeper

And it helps to have a working relay as well!

Back