• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

superior retain g plate issue

seth15210

NAXJA Forum User
so heres my current issue. im installing a super 44 kit, 33 spline into my 1987 xj44. every things gone smoothly until tonight. the axle retain g plates don't line up. superior includes two sets of plates in the kit, rubi and supposably xj44 plates. the xj plates from my measurements are overall 1/4" wider than the original plates. and the bolt holes are 1/8" wider also. not a lot of space but enough to screw me all up. i have the shafts assembled and dont wanna pay to disassemble everything again, plus have to contact superior for a solution. though about re-drilling them but don't have the means to do it properly currently.
has anyone had this issue, i read one thread but it didn't mention a solution. short of pressing off the old plates and reusing them on the new shafts. but money is tapped out now. i figure theres a issue when superior advertises these to work with a xj44, and they dont.
also for reference, im using a teraflex disc conversion. doesn't seem to be any fitment issues.

any opinions?

Back