• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear upper shock mount and relocating it

spencer elliott

NAXJA Forum User
ive got some Detours shock relocators ordered, but i was wondering if there was another spot that they could be bolted/welded to instead of the factory spot... that would be beneficial...?

isnt a vertical shock more effective than an angled shock...?

it was just and idea. any help is appreciated.

im just glad to be eliminating the need to ever have to use those factory rear mounts ever again!

correct, a verticle shock, as close to the wheel as possible will be the most effective, and easiest to tune valving wise.

i cannot think of anywhere on a stock vehicle to remount the shocks to though, maybe fab a crossmember that bolts to the bumpstop bolt holes?

thanks

i figured as much. i was also wanting to avoid having to install them in the factory loc because installing anything in there is hell. such a PITA. seriously what were they thinking with that mount...? yikes

my STM relocators arrived today. 1.75" primed and ready. seem super beefy and more than adequate for the job. great turnaround time also. very good service from Detours!

so i was thinking of raptoring these because im doin the lower doors and rockers deal soon. was planning on installing it all at once. i may bolt the STMs up, then have them welded in place and finish it all in raptor.

Sounds like a plan.
Yeah, without going through the floor & / or building a cross member, not much you can do to relocate the rear upper mount. The cross member (without going through floor) only gets you so far, with shock body length becoming a limiting factor pretty quickly there.

Back