• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I run these tires on my 99 stock XJ

jackate

NAXJA Forum User
Can I put on BFG All Terrain 30 x 9.50 R15 LT 1040 M+S on my 99 4.0 187,000. I just put on new rear HD leaf springs so I have the clearance.
I just don't want to over stress the front end or stock steering box. It is just a daily driver that get driven mildly.

I just put 30x9.50 BFG Mud Terrains on mine last year. I get just a little bit of rubbing on the rear when I flex the suspension off road. Mine is pretty much stock.

The only issue you might run into is that the fronts may rub on the inner fender liners. The cure is to relocate the lower front portion of the liner by using a tie-wrap to hold the bottom closer to the bumper. If it rubs, you will hear it. No big deal, you will see the solution when you get under it and look. Worst case scenario is to trim the plastic for clearance.

The only issue you might run into is that the fronts may rub on the inner fender liners. The cure is to relocate the lower front portion of the liner by using a tie-wrap to hold the bottom closer to the bumper. If it rubs, you will hear it. No big deal, you will see the solution when you get under it and look. Worst case scenario is to trim the plastic for clearance.

That (above) as well as the tire rub on the LCA's with full steering lock. Easy to solve or live with.

Back