• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help identifying parts on XJ

coueshunter

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to buy this Jeep.

I see the control arms appear to be JKS and the trac bar and springs in the front are RE with Bilsteins.
I know that the Jeep has a SYE 3.5" lift and not much more in the terms of actual parts. I cannot identify the rear leaf springs make or if they are AAL.

Can anyone else help? the coolant is clean. the res bottle appears dark but it is because of the shadow. the rad is very green looking.

DSC01670.jpg

DSC01673.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

DSC01676.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

DSC01678.jpg

DSC01684.jpg

DSC01683.jpg

DSC01682.jpg

DSC01680.jpg

DSC01679.jpg

his diff cover screams 'full size truck dumbass'. who else pays $250 for an alumin um diff cover?

what else are you wondering about? looks like a nice starter rig.

FROM HERE, on the pics you posted... those look like full leaf packs.... take a shot of them, closer to the bushings to be sure, or maybe someone else can say for sure, but i do have the same leafs.

his diff cover screams 'full size truck dumbass'. who else pays $250 for an alumin um diff cover?

what else are you wondering about? looks like a nice starter rig.

FROM HERE, on the pics you posted... those look like full leaf packs.... take a shot of them, closer to the bushings to be sure, or maybe someone else can say for sure, but i do have the same leafs.

I tried googling the part number on them to see if they were good or some crap springs. Seems many like Rough country. There stuff is pure crap.

Mag Hytec covers work... period. if this saw light offroad duty id say it was a great choice for him.

I was looking at control arms and such. appears to be JKs. Trac bar looks like RE as well as front springs. Anything else I am missing or can have help identifying.

All this lift will go on my girls XJ and Ill long arm this one.

stock diff covers work too... and they arent $250, PERIOD.
the point is, that $110 ruffstuff cover is a million times stronger than either one, and half the price of the magteck. a 'mild offroader' should spend that $250 elsewhere, a stock cover will be fine.

do you come from the fullsize truck world?

stock diff covers work too... and they arent $250, PERIOD.
the point is, that $110 ruffstuff cover is a million times stronger than either one, and half the price of the magteck. a 'mild offroader' should spend that $250 elsewhere, a stock cover will be fine.

do you come from the fullsize truck world?

I have had numerous eeps. ruffstuff may be stronger but Ill bet that it keeps diff temps hotter. Stock covers get holes them fairly often and easy. Id always take an aftermarket cover.

Not the point. I wouldnt spend a coulpe hundred bucks for a diff cover either. but its on there and Ill throw it on my GFs jeep when I install a Riddler cover.

Nothing wrong with the diff cover. It does the job it's intended to do at a higher price. It's not the "norm" but it works.

Parts on the rig look good and nothing I see is "ghetto" fabbed, thank god lol. We recently had a thread where someone had a jeep with coil spacers welded to the bumpstop tower. funny stuff. Those do not look like OEM leaf springs.

How does it ride?

Its nice that someone swapped in a D44 to late model rig,but theres something WEIRD about the SYE!
DSC01680.jpg

Aluminum diff cover looks beefy, but will not be as strong as thick steel, but will do a much better job keeping the gear oil cooled, so it's not a bad thing guys...

what's weird?

Ya, I too was wondering. I think it is an advance adaptors SYE.

This Jeep looks well built. A lot will change when I get it. But it would be dumb to buy stock when this lift will go right on my girls XJ. Not to mention its geared, true traced, and Dana 44 rear with a HP 30 in a 2001. Thats a good expense right there.

Im going to try and pick it up next weekend.

I have not driven it yet as it is 5 hours away. I had many pics taken to get an idea of just how clean it is. Carfax is just as clean. Dealer oil changes every 3k as well.

never mind the parts, are you buying just the leafs springs or the entire XJ. There is NO rust on this rig. No getto parts or install.

Maybe I don't understand something here, who cares what brand the leafs are when you buy a jeep. Ok you could vary the prince by 150$ but other than that the main thing to look for is the engine, floor pan, frame, over all maintnance.

control arms are definitely JKS ... very good arms and priced accordingly

looks like the PO installed drain plugs in the D30 to get the water and mud out quickly (brass bungs under the LCA mounts)

looks like a good jeep

Back