• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any thoughts?

I don't like that he doesn't even know what he has. The 4.0 is a straight six, not a V6. Also, it may have new stuff on it but he seems like he's more interested in how the stereo sounds than anything else.

Also, $5k is way too much if you ask me. Looks like a nice Jeep though.

Yeah judging by the ad the dude has no clue about jeeps but that could just be better for me and make it easier to talk him down in price. And that system is just pathetic and will be out of the jeep in a heartbeat haha.

Yea, haha, for sure! If the Jeep is *extremely* clean and runs like a champ, I'd still try and talk that price down a tad but then again, who knows - this guy could be a real stickler and the thing could be showroom clean.

Yeah that's possible but he seemed like the kinda guy that would take any reasonable offer so i guess i'll find out tomorrow haha. It does look pretty darn clean though.

i wouldn't pay more than 3000 for anything with more than 100k on the clock, no matter what it is. also, those look like the crystal reflector style headlight conversion housings with the wanna be projector lens inside, they're complete garbage you actually get less usable light when driving than the stock headlights with those things.

tell him to keep his stereo equipment and lowball the hell out of him.

Well just talked to the guy and he said "I looked everywhere last night and couldn't find the pink slip" he was probably hoping to sell it to an idiot without the pink slip. So if any of you guys see a clean stock 99 for sale let me know!

Not having the pink slip shouldn't be the end of the line for you. It's just another reason to offer less. Get the VIN number and call the DMV and comfirm the name of ownership. Then check his drivers license and it should all be legit.

Yeah that's true. He said he would look some more and give me a call tonight and if he can't find it he's gonna go get another one so i'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Yeah that's true. He said he would look some more and give me a call tonight and if he can't find it he's gonna go get another one so i'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Don't wait, use the missing pink slip as a way to lower the price. Just do your homework first as Geck_87laredo stated. I purchased a vehicle without a pink slip and had no issues. I carfaxed it and ran the Vin through the DMV to make sure it was all legit.

Back