• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jacking Points

deftrip

NAXJA Forum User
I wanna buy a Hi-Lift jack for the Jeep and was wondering where a good point there is to lift the Jeep up is. I'm thinking the bumper but wont it bend with the weight or possibly slip? What do most of you guys do? HELP!!

Pretty much nowhere on a stock XJ. Even at the bumper mountpoints, you're still going to bend the bottom of the stock bumper. Okay, maybe on the hitch receiver.

Once you've got rock rails, and aftermarket bumpers, any of those should be fine. Just make sure that the XJ cannot roll forward or backward, and that the Hi-Lift is square against the ground.

I jack from under the rear stock bumper...it bends the bumper and falls over 3/4 of the time. I jack from a distance and just let it fall. Make sure everyone is clear. Under the doors is definitely not going to get you anywhere. You could try getting the wheel spoke adapter. Jacking from the center of the bumper always fails, one side at a time with the plastic base works best for me.

Back