• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BA-10/5 questions.

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I posted this over on CC but would like some iother opinions.

When I first cracked the fill/drain plugs on my Peugot tranny, on the 88 MJ, out came what I can only describe as goop. It didn't shift well, it popped out of reverse etc. I refilled it with Penzoil Syncromesh the first time around. It shifted 100% better and did not pop out of any gear no matter how much I pushed it, forward OR back. After about 700 miles I drained it again. Less (but still present) goop flowed out the drain hole. I refilled it with the same stuff.

Fast forward - I'm getting ready to drain and fill again (I'm trying to clean it out). I have an AW4 to swap in, but it's problematic so I'm just going to run the BA-10 until it's inevitable demise.

So, my question(s)

1. So far, the Pennzoil Syncromesh has been doing fine. It's expensive. Should I keep using it? Any benefit or detriment to either opinion?

2. I'd like to put in some Lucas stabilizer (cause I saw the cool display at NAPA) to stick the lube to the gears. Yes...No...why?
icon_mrgreen.gif

3. Is there something else I can do to clean the thing out?

4. ...and finally would there be any advantage to boosting the LEVEL of the lube, aka, more is better?

I'd be real interested in hearing from guys who have kept their Peugot alive all these years. I have no complaints about how it's working now, except that it feels a little like driving a backhoe.

DSCN0445.jpg

My main question is since there are no pumps etc. then the BA is just a slush box AND would it hurt or help the tranny to increse the level. Does expansion of the lube count that out.

...and any opinions about the Lucas??

Back