• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Auto Motor/Trans mounts?

XJ-Mayhem

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Going to be replacing my motor mounts next week, and I like Rock Auto's price...

Just wondering if I should go for one of these, there are two: first and second and if it comes with both mounts/everything needed?

I have the same choice of Anchor and OMIX-ADA for Trans mount.

I haven't checked prices yet, but am I better off going to the parts department at my local dealer and getting OEM?

I'm trying to do my rear main seal as well, so I'd like to keep the costs of this whole project down.

Any one have the part number for rear main so I can find it on RockAuto?

oem motor mounts bring the fail, if you ever see offroad or otherwise hard abuse of the rig, upgrade to an aftermarket style.

i cannot urge you enough, if you can scrounge the pennies, do so.

x2 on the brown dog motor mounts. even if those wear out, the replacement bushings are around 20 bucks. just make sure to give yourself sometime for them to arrive, mine are barely going to be shipped after almost two weeks because they had alot of orders. as for the transmission mount, i would like to know of a good piece aswell.

I've seen Brown Dog's stuff before in my searches prior to this thread, and was aware he was a supporter of the community which I like :)

But...all I have is $200 right now, and I do like to do things right the first time and normally go with OEM...but I need the trans mount too, get the rear main done, do my oil, and possibly a few other maintenance items.

What about fabbing up some motor mounts similar to Brown Dogs? Will that save me any money while being better than OEM style?

And yes, trans mount recommendations?

Thanks for the responses guys.

If you have the equipment to make your own you can definitely do it for less. Steel is cheap and you can use the replacement bushings from Brown Dog.

The price for MM is hard to beat. BD poly mounts are 80$ - our 10% forum discount the rubber are 99$-10%+ whatever trans mount should leave you shy of 200$.

Motor mounts?

Haha I knew I was going to feel dumb when I asked that, it's just been a long few days and I'm slow haha.

Well, I think I'm going to try and fab them up with a friend...and if not then I'll consider the BD ones depending on what my future income looks like these next few weeks.

what kinda bushing you plan to use? i'd love to see some build pics.
M.0.R.E. uses a lower control arm bushings, about $15/e, find the right size dom tubing to press it into, and your golden!

Back