• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25 swap-e brake!

t.loretto

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone. i've got an 88 cherokee that i'm throwing a chrysler axle into, that came out of a 97. The new axle has the new style e brakes attached that have the splice in the box along the frame rail. Just wondering if anyone has ever hooked that shit up to the old style e brakes and how the hell i would do it!
Thanks in advance

Just use the cables from your existing axle.

You can keep your center console, and your ebrake cables, and take the drums all apart to switch it over.
Or, you could keep the cables on the new axle, and switch your center console out for the newer one, and somehow end up with cupholders cause of an axle swap...

the cup holders would be a nice addition! so as far as you guys know theres no way to switch over the front cable without changing the whole console? i like the fact that i don't have to extend the new style cables cause of my lift

Back