• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Shackle Relocation kit

I doubt it would because the leaf's on an MJ mount under the frame rails instead of outboard like the XJ's do. Maybe he'll look into making something for the MJ's but the XJ one is highly unlikely to work.

you could always drill a hole a little further forward on the rear mounts.....although im not sure why you would need to do that. MJs dont typically have bad shackle angles.

It's not so much ride improvement that I'm Looking for I drive a 20+ year old truck, it's the fact that I'm looking for a tad bit more lift in the back and I had heard in the past that if you drop the leaf spring shackle down you will add lift. And since I have to remove the rear end soon any ways to re do the Pinion angle I thought I could also do this. And before you say it a SOA is out of the question because of my hellscreek 4.5" leafs I would have 10"+ of lift which would make my truck useless as a truck. Thanks

Brandon

I'd like to see a photo of your shackle angle. With a 4.5" spring and a 2" shackle I'm leaning toward thinking that you have a less than ideal angle and a down+foward mounting relocation would indeed be a good idea for you.

However I think you're looking at custom fab work. Don't think the XJ boxes will work...might work as a fabrication starting point.

Pictures as asked for:
fd6035e9.jpg

618a0f14.jpg

1ec39db8.jpg

54aefeab.jpg

Brandon

I think a better bet for you IS going SOA, depending on how you use your MJ.

If you do some trailriding and whatnot, sell the 4.5" pack and 2" shackle and use a completely stock setup with just SOA. You'll gain about 5" of lift and you could always make your own bastard pack or add a shackle to get to where you want to be and have a nice shackle angle to boot.

If you're dead set on keeping your setup, I would cut off the factory shackle bracket and make your own tabs forward of that point. You can then bring them as far down and forward as you want.

I'm going to have to agree with MoparManiac.

You'd be better off doing a spring-over conversion with a leaf pack that is around 1" lift, then setting a nice shackle angle and length to get you right where you need to be.

If you MUST keep your existing leaf packs, move the mount point down and forward. Your shackles are almost vertical, and its going to function and ride much better with some angle on it.

Ok guys thanks a bunch for the info. In some ways I wish I wouldn't have got this leaf pack but it holds up so well to much much more weight the the old stock leafs. The old leaf pack was so worn out it old took maybe 500lbs to make the truck look like a low rider.

Brandon

Back