• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 xj no heat or ac where to start

1980dg

NAXJA Forum User
i dont have heat or ac but my blower works flushed radiator last year didnt help ac compresser is unpluged has been from day one when pluged in it squeals also changed thermistat vacume ball has been moved any help would be good

-Um the a/c is not working because you unpluged it.....
-Does the blower come out of the correct requested vent?
-Feel the lines going in and out of the heater core should be hot going in and warm coming out, you can also take off the lines to it and run water thru it just dont try to run alot of pressure.

no the blower doesnt come out of the requested vent from what i have read thats vacum related but thats asfar as i know i will go check the lines going in and out of heater core i should have thought of that thanks also when u switch from heat to ac the air blows harder i know there is a vent door on the heater core does that mean its working i dont really care about the ac working i just thought u might need the ac compresser to make the heater work but i read a little and it just kicks on to get rid of moisture

The AC doesn't kick on with the heater unless its in defog mode. Check the vac lines going to the manifold and all other vac lines. The vent positions are controlled by vacuum. Try using punctuation as well.

Ok i checked the heater in and heater out lines,and both heat up with heater on at oporational temp. I checked the vacum line going into the fire wall by the heater in out lines, and there is a good vacum. Any more ideas. Thank you

The best way i can explain it is when u turn the knob from ac to heat it doesnt blow as hard. You can feel the air stop blowing almost. The silector knob for floor,defrost,and so on, will change the air, has about a 5 second delay. Sorry my writing skills arnt that good. thankyou

I was wrong about where the air blows out. It works on every selection except for defrost. I hope some one has an idea. Thankyou

Back