• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake lights off

ruehmann

NAXJA Forum User
My brake lights are not working, I checked the fuses under the dash by the flashers and they all are fine. I removed the light covers and the bulbs look good. What elese can I do?

I'm and electrical moron, can anyone recomend a Jeep book to buy that will help with further repairs. I have a Chilton but I dont know enought about eltronics to understand the diagrams.

What is the best Manuel for a person like me who can replace parts fine but dosent always know about more complcated thigs like sensors, regulators, circuts, etc.
Thanks
Ruehmann:anon:

Have you looked at your brake light switch --? (what year??)

for the manuals: Haynes & Clymers sometimes comes through - really, none are written flat and all assume some knowledge --

On my 87, the brake light switch was mounted on the moving part of the brake pedal, and it was really easy for the wires to get pulled off if not routed just right. I finally had to lace the connector onto the switch with a cable tie.

Back