• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tucson XJ for sale.... beware

coueshunter

NAXJA Forum User
I tried buying this guys XJ today and for the last week. I talked to him on the phone on Wednesday. Thursday I asked for a VIN so I could carfax the vin and have it run through CHrysler. He said he was busy and would get it later. nothing. SO sat night I set up to drive from Phoenix down to Tucson and meet up with him to look it over and If I liked it and we worked out a price... I would buy it. Well the preset time was noon. I got there at 11 and called. over the next 4 hours I tried getting a hold of him and he would send me to voicemail. While I was there... he RELISTED the ad. I guess he knew I was on to his super clean XJ and that something would show up on a carfax so he did not want to deal with me.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/2452641052.html

Ive been flagging it.

I can only see one reason why he would not deal with me. I had asked for a vin for it and he said he was busy. The next day he forgot. We set up a time and figured I would get it myself and inspect it. He stood me up. I guess I wanted ot much info for his scamming rear. He would rather deal with someone uninformed.

I don't think you should sabotage the dudes post until you know for sure...Seems like a dick thing to do just based on the fact that you have a "feeling".

I don't think you should sabotage the dudes post until you know for sure...Seems like a dick thing to do just based on the fact that you have a "feeling".

Wont return calls after I ask for a VIn but still listing it for sale. you tell me what could possibly be the problem. If he was legit I have cash in hand and ready to buy. He apparently is not wanting cash.....

Ok, we appreciate the heads up. But burning somebody else when you don't have all the info isn't cool in my book. That's why they call it ASSuming...

Ok, we appreciate the heads up. But burning somebody else when you don't have all the info isn't cool in my book. That's why they call it ASSuming...

Nothing to assume, I asked for vin and was blown off. Im not assuming. There is obviously something to hide. I have cash. offered cash and it is not wanted. But yet he is still trying to sell it.

Why is that a dick thing if he DROVE down there to meet the guy, only to not be able to get a hold of him? I would of called the new ad from a pay phone and then dealt with it!!! :twak:

I guess I am the only one in this conversation that realizes that things happen and maybe you don't know the whole situation. Oh well, keep up the good work then. Hope you find a good XJ with a carfax that suites you.

I guess I am the only one in this conversation that realizes that things happen and maybe you don't know the whole situation. Oh well, keep up the good work then. Hope you find a good XJ with a carfax that suites you.

It is not about having a carfax. It is about not wanting to provide a vin. I was also going to get a Chrysler report.
Oddly enough he said it was his jeep for a couple years but have now found 2 more Jeeps for sale with pics in the same place as this one. I believe they are all salvaged and he is putting steel wheels, tires, and a 2" budget boost to make them look good to resell and make good profit

On a better side. I found a NICE Cherokee in Ca. some of the mods Ill do to it are done. the rest done is what I will do to my Fiances Cherokee. So it will be a win win all the way around. Need to negotiate a great price on it and Ill be headed to Ca.

On a better side. I found a NICE Cherokee in Ca. some of the mods Ill do to it are done. the rest done is what I will do to my Fiances Cherokee. So it will be a win win all the way around. Need to negotiate a great price on it and Ill be headed to Ca.

Pics?

When I read the title I was afraid this was gonna be about my XJ I have on CL. Haha

I'll post it up on here if I don't end up trading for this guys bike Sunday.

It all started when I started looking for another vehicle. I decided on an Xj and then we found one. Well long story short. It was clean 2001 low mile, clean coolant, always dealer serviced and garaged. The GF decided she wanted it to build up... cool... LOVE IT but need to find another one now.. LOL

Here is the one from a couple weeks ago.

MjU0NDE0XzIzODIyODIyOTUyNzc0NV8xMDAwMDAyMTcwODk3NjlfMTMwODc1Nl8yMTExODU2X24uanBn.jpg

These are the first servicing.. Full Synthetic fresh fluids throughout. Got to love when someone has dealer records and the oil filter matches their story.. LOL

IMAG0342-2.jpg

IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

This is the 2001 I found which will be perfect. The lift will go right on to my Girls XJ. 3.5 RE Super ride. the wheels will go to on Toyo M/Ts. Ill add Hanson bumpers, and a long arm lift with a Warn 9.5TI winch. 33/35 Toyo M/t

DSC01653.jpg

DSC01664.jpg

DSC01658.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

I had the same thing happened when I was looking for a car, asked the guy for a VIN and suddenly he was busy and would call me back. Never herd from him again and the car was listed again and again.

Back