• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

window motor woes :(

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
My passenger window decided it doesnt want to roll down...but it will roll up. I was only getting 12 volts from one side of the connectors, so I cleaned them up and now get over 12 volts through each wire. Attached the motor and still no rolling down. I then attached the motor to the passenger rear connector and it rolls both ways. This led me to think maybe its the switch. Lucky me I have a couple extras laying around and tried a new switch...again it wont roll down. Then I thought maybe it was the lock out switch, so I replaced the driver side switch set and again it didnt work.

I really stumped here..every window works except the passenger front door, all the switches check out, im getting 12 volts to the motor from both wires, and the motor works perfectly when its attached to any other door. Isnt that everything or did I overlook something? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jmeti000

My ground is fine...both the up and the down run off the same brown ground wire, therefore if the ground was bad, I wouldnt be able to roll the window up or down.

Im seriously considering just switching over to manual windows at this point...besides the lack of regular headaches from tracing wires around every other day it will make taking the doors more pain free.

ITS FIXED!! It was the orange wire down by the driver side kick panel. It was coming out of the connector enough and wasnt making contact...which after looking at the wiring diagram turns out to be the ground for "down" on the motor....I hate to say it, but you were right.

Back