• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got some info in HD Offroad shackle relcation brackets v2

drewkeen

NAXJA Forum User
I was doing some researching on these and planning to buy a set for my XJ when I ran across a mention of the new updated version that as in the works. I shot a message (rather several) over to Brian and squeezed some info on them out of him. The new ones are going to fit inside of the stock hole so that no cutting will be required. They also will not require you to drop the hitch and/or gas tank skid to install either. He also let me know that a prototype would be done next week. Looks like I am going to hold out just a bit for these - I like things that are easier to install.

Thanks for the updates Brian and continuing to innovate your products.

I know for a fact you can fit the original ones inside the stock shackle hanger. It was done in the SEC :)

Of course, that's because he didn't read the directions.

v2 sounds like a winner. my only gripe about mine is that it lowered my hitch and tank skid. i didnt mind the little bit of cutting

I think they will be pretty close to the current version in price......they are made here in the U.S. by good old american manufacting as well.

I'm sure the 1/4 inch you lost in ground clearance to your gas tank skid has been difficult.

not saying it has been a very bad thing BUT it is noticeably lower. and it had dragged on its fair share of rocks. more clearance is always better

I thought you were talking about the time to lower them, not the loss of clearance. Didn't you also gain a bit of lift when installing them to make up for that?

I just finished installing mine this weekend. Version 2!? You're killing me. After wrestling with the hitch/skid/bracket it was just fine. Stout brackets. I haven't even driven it yet and I can tell the ride wont be bone rattling any longer.

I think they will be pretty close to the current version in price......they are made here in the U.S. by good old american manufacting as well.
SO you gonna bring a set to raffle off at the crawl? :D

Back