• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I am looking for..

TA2Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
..a half buried train tanker car that's by itself out in the Mojave desert (If I recall correctly). I could've sworn that I saw it here on someone's trip report, but I can't find it now for anything. It looked like there was a fire ring right by it for "camping" and I don't believe that it was near or had anything to do with Afton Cyn, but I could be wrong.

Any help would be appreciated - I'm looking to head out to this spot; thanks..

Pics, coords, googlemap link?

I'll know it when I see it; was looking to go play out in that area and couldn't remember where I saw this thing at..

Are you going to take it with you, or what?

OT: You install the hooks/brackets yet?

No, we're gonna leave it there - might try and set an altitude record with it..

I ended up going camping with the family and some family friends this past weekend, so they'll be going in this weekend. Thanks for getting those to me; damn good chrome on the hooks - too much trouble for me to paint over, LOL

Pics, coords, googlemap link?
I'll know it when I see it; was looking to go play out in that area and couldn't remember where I saw this thing at..

Oh sure, I tell you, you'll tell two friends, they'll tell two friends and so on.... Next thing you know my favorite secret spot will be over-run ......

Last edited:
Back